Are you interested in supporting disabled people to access local services, meet their desired outcome and have more choice and control over their life?If so, then the support brokerage course might be for you! This course provides participants with the skills to support disabled people to access local services, implement a personal budget, find different ways they can be supported to meet their desired outcomes.
The course will enable participants to:
- Learn about the role as a support broker
- Create a profile and CV as a support broker
- Develop a support plan
- Think creatively how they can enable disabled people to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Gain a qualification with Open College Network Credit 4 Learning
- Become accredited support brokers
- Volunteer as support brokers for CHOICE in Hackney
- Gain experience which can open doors into employment into social care
- To be able to do the training and volunteer as a support broker, participants:
- Complete an interview and a selection process
- Agree to Make a commitment of one day a week for a minimum of 12 months to volunteer for CHOICE on completion of the course
- Make a commitment to complete the coursework set by the trainer within the deadlines set
To qualify as a support broker, participants must attend all the training dates and complete all the coursework highlighted below plus attend regular supervisions with the Support Planning and Brokerage officers.This training is facilitated by the London Brokerage Network and is funded by City Bridge Trust (The City of London Corporation’s Charity).